Saturday, March 13, 2010

EME 2040 - Reflection 10

In this class I learned of all the different type of lesson plans there are to choose from. I’ve learned the layouts of these lesson plans and the individual purposes that each type of lesson plan can be used for. I’ve learned a bit about educational philosophy and this has helped me to find what educational philosophy I am. I’ve learned how technology is an important thing to take advantage of within the classroom and education. I believe that technology is something we have not had around forever and the fact that with today’s day and age we do have it, and it’s constantly improving, that we should highly appreciate it and take advantage of it. Its uses can vary from so many things. You can use it to tell stories, write lesson plans, do researches, share images, communicate, virtual world tours, videos, and so much more that I can’t even think about all its valuable purposes to write down right now. I feel like it is such a shame to have all this knowledge and information right at our fingertips and some people just do not want to use it. When we’re confused about grammar rules, or the spelling or definition of a word, we have the entire English language right in our hands on the internet. In fact, we have access to just about any language via the internet. My most valuable experiences have been being able to create my very own lesson plans. I see I need a lot of work to do, however. When I’m making them I see myself in the classroom and I find them to be great. That’s my opinion. Then the feedback I get is not the best. I haven’t been happy with my grades so far. With this feedback I am realizing that what I’m creating are not the best lesson plans. I hope that with each lesson plan I make, I am improving as I’m trying to. I’m excited to see how I’ll feel writing lesson plans as an adult. I will probably look back and see that those lesson plans I thought were decent, but ended up getting a low score on were in school really weren’t very great. Hopefully, when I’m further into my career writing them will just start coming naturally. It will feel so much easier than how difficult they feel now. This class would be easier if I didn’t have Professor McNair for two classes in once term. I didn’t think I’d be doing so much hard work. Writing a lesson plan each week takes time and I find it difficult trying to catch up with all my assignments for both of my education classes every week. As soon as I think I’m getting the hang of it one week, I get a bit behind the next week. I’m trying to tough it out, though. Nobody said these classes would be easy, but to be honest, if I knew I had so many assignments I would’ve taken them separately. Nevertheless, I love my classes and what I’m learning and I appreciate Professor McNair and his valuable advice and lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment